Here it is.
One of the best reasons that kids need Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in their lives.
If your child quits athletics at a young age (which more than 70% of kids do by the time they enter high school), all of the benefits they have gained are lost.
Why’s that an issue?
- Children who participate in organized sports tend to get better grades and lead healthier lives (source: Michigan State University’s Institute for the Study of Youth Sports)
- Almost 50 percent of youth in the United States don’t take part in regular vigorous exercise. )Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1999)
- Childhood obesity is on the rise, with 13 percent of children age 6 to 11 classified as either overweight or obese.
- Obesity in childhood often leads to obesity in adulthood.
- Obesity can lead to diabetes, heart problems and a variety of ailments, including high blood pressure, some forms of cancer, depression and poor self-esteem.
As an adult that struggled with weight and health issues prior to starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I can attest (as can many of you) that there aren’t many programs out there for health and weight loss that are better than BJJ.
Start your kids early, teach them to train BJJ for life, and watch them conquer childhood obesity.